- Set up and configure the Storwize V7000 Unified file and block-level modules using the InitTool and EZsetup.
- Install and cable control enclosures, expansion enclosures and file modules.
- Utilize Storwize V7000 Unified management interfaces (GUI and CLI to support the networked storage environment; create file systems, file sets and shares to provision storage via CIFS, NFS, HTTP and FTP.
- Establish ILM policies to define file allocation in storage pools and rules for migration based on file attributes.
- Implement snapshots to support data recovery of file systems and file sets.
- Define quotas and access control lists to manage storage growth and security in the environment.
- Create backups via TSM and NDMP and perform virus detection for data resiliency.
- Create RAID arrays using internal Storwize V7000 storage and manage drive use attributes
- Update zoning policies to enable the Storwize V7000 to access SAN attached external storage.
- Define and manage storage pools using internal Storwize V7000 storage as well as SAN attached external storage
- Utilize Easy Tier to optimize the utilization of solid state drives on block-level volumes
- Storage Area Networking Fundamentals (SN712GB)
- a basic understanding of concepts associated with open systems disk storage systems and I/O operations
- This intermediate course is for individuals who assess or plan to deploy the IBM Storwize V7000 Unified file capabilities.
IBM Storwize V7000 Unified is a virtualized storage system designed to consolidate block and file workloads into a single storage system for simplicity of management, reduced cost, highly scalable capacity, performance and high availability. IBM Storwize V7000 Unified Storage also offers improved efficiency and flexibility through built-in solid state drive (SSD) optimization, thin provisioning and non-disruptive migration of data from existing storage. The system can virtualize and reuse existing disk systems offering a greater potential return on investment. The course will focus on planning and implementation of integrating the Storwize V7000 Unified system into a network environment. Both file and block level protocols will be covered with the focus on provisioning storage to network hosts via NFS, CIFS, HTTP and FTP. Included will be file management functions, including Information Lifecycle Management (ILM), tools for backup and antivirus functions, and system management. This course covers the features unique to the Storwize V7000 Unified product but does not cover the features common to the Storwize V7000 and Storwize V7000 Unified products. The functions of the Storwize V7000 product are covered in course IBM Storwize V7000 Implementation Workshop (SSE1GB).
- Unit 1- Introduction to the IBM Storwize V7000 Unified and EZsetup
- Unit 2 – File Management and ILM (Part 1)
- Demo Inittool and System Build
- Labs: GUI Access and EZsetup, GUI and CLI administration and examining system setup
- Unit 2 – File Management and ILM (Part 2)
- Unit 3 – Enclosures and RAID arrays
- Labs: Single pool file systems and CIFS access, migration ILM file systems
- Unit 4 – Block-level functions, external storage and zoning, Easy tier
- Unit 5 – Data Protection and Resiliency
- Labs – Snapshots and data recovery, adding external storage pools
- Unit 6 – Unified System Administration
- Labs – Create custom file systems, asynchronous replication
- Practical by case study
- Final test